Sunday, October 29, 2006

Gabriel tells more about reunion meeting

In an interview with a Daily Telegraph journalist, Peter Gabriel goes into a little detail about the reunion meeting with the other 4 members and why he decided not to join in.

Finally, Phil Collins, Tony Banks and Mike Rutherford are reforming the three-man era of Genesis. Were you tempted to get involved?
Well they did ask me and there was a big number being thrown around the place and I didn't rule it out it. I just I felt that at the moment I was writing some new material and got some other things I wanted to do. So I said right now it's a no. I think they seemed to be enjoying the rehearsals from what I've heard,  so there's no bad feeling there. I think the problem is if it was just a one-off it would be a lot easier for me to take on board.

But I learned after the Milton Keynes save Womad concert (a 1982 Genesis reunion fund raiser) that you need at least a month's preparation to get anything worth listening too, which we really didn't have then. If you are going to do a month's work and you are going to look at presentation I think it's a six month chunk on out my life which at the moment I don't choose but if it turns round and I'm looking for things to do.

Couldn't you just turn up to do the drums?
The only problem with that was that Phil was always a better drummer than I was. I 'm not sure he was always as enthusiastic, but he's certainly more talented

Have they approached Steve Hackett (the band's guitarist who left in 1978)?
The conversations we had originally were including Steve, but I guess they are doing it as the threesome.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/ukcorrespondents/davi...

0 comments: